Carly Ries has been in the marketing world for over a decade and has consulted with businesses ranging from local mom and pop shops to global Fortune 500 companies as part of an agency and as a freelancer. She’s one of those digital nomads who travels nearly full-time around the country with her husband, toddler, and puppy. When she’s not out on the open road, you can find her in her hometown of Colorado Springs, hiking, cooking, yogaing (aren’t you glad she's in charge of writing our content?), and finding the nearest trivia night where she can dominate the pop culture questions.
In this episode, she discusses the ups and downs of being a solopreneur as well as how her unique value proposition has nothing to do with the work she delivers.
What you'll learn in this episode
- Why it's important to focus on client relationships
- A different way of how to differentiate yourself
- Ideas to avoid isolation while staying focused
- Why downtime is okay
- Ups and downs of being a solopreneur
- An easy way to avoid distraction
- Why it's important to understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Why working for yourself may not be that risky
- Why you need to advocate for yourself
Connect with Carly
- To contact Carly, email her here.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- To listen to other episodes or fill out our form, click here.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Want to share your experiences and learn from other one-person business? Be sure to join our community! It's free :)
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on Apple Podcasts Thanks!